**THIS ITEM MUST BE SHIPPED VIA UPS GROUND**
8462 is a dielectric silicone grease. It seals, waterproofs, lubricates and insulates indoor and outdoor electrical connections with a layer of non-hardening silicone compound. It is electrically insulating but allows current to flow through metal contacts, providing environmental protection without inhibiting connectivity or causing short circuits. It is also good for lubricating and sealing rubber and plastic parts.
It is commonly used on outdoor lighting, scoreboards, traffic lights, high voltage poles, transformers, disconnects, switching mechanisms, electrical contacts, spark plugs, battery terminals, fasteners, seals, gaskets, plastic insulators, and O-rings. It is useful in marine environments and harsh weather conditions.
Features and Benefits:
- Suitable for high and low voltage applications
- Seals, waterproofs, insulates, and lubricates
- Prevents corrosion
- Prevents arching and pitting
- Broad service temperature range of -50 to 250 °C (-58 to 482 °F)
- Temperature resistant—does not harden, melt, bleed, dry, freeze, or separate due to temperature fluctuations
- Safe on rubbers and plastics
- Can be used where incidental food contact might occur—conforms to 21 CFR section 178.3570
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.